The Aldeias do Xisto network consists of 27 villages distributed in the interior of the Central Region of Portugal. These small nuclei add to the regional tourism potential reflected in the architecture, environmental amenities, gastronomy and traditions, among other distinctive cultural elements presented in excellent products and services.
This building designed by Architect Moura Coutinho, to the taste of 19th century architecture. It was built between 1930 and 1934. Inside there are tile panels of the St. Ana Factory, and a Noble Hall with paintings by Carlos Reis (Legend of Lousã) and João Reis (Family, Religion, Work).
The Patron saint is S. Silvestre. It is a temple of modern construction that came to replace the old, crumbling church that was in ruins. It dates from 1882 and was completed in 1921 with the construction of the Bell Tower.
It is also known as Viscountess of Espinhal Palace. This imposing emblazoned building had two periods of works: one of the century XVIII and 1818. Building where the Palace of Lousã Boutique Hotel operates.
The collection of the Dr. Louzã Henriques Ethnographic Museum brings together a set of objects from various parts of the continental and island. Most of the objects were purchased by Dr. Louzã Henriques from collectors and private individuals, but others have already resulted from donations from public or private persons or entities to the Municipality.
In the valley of Arouce, by which it was called Castle of Arouce. The date of its construction cannot be specified, being correct in the eleventh century, since there is a document from that time that makes reference to it. At this time, according to the chronicles, the Castle would not have the current configuration, but would be a wooden construction or a simple tower unlike the masonry building that we find today.
It is an important Marian Sanctuary, situated on the hill in front of Arouce Castle. There are three chapels, the oldest and largest being the Chapel of St. John, built between the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. It has a set of sculptures of the fifteenth and sixteenth century carved in stone of Ancao: St. John the Baptist, St. John the Evangelist, and St. Paio and also an altar front in seventeenth tiles.